Welcome to The Poker Club at West Houston's blog! We are excited to share with you a scrumptious blood orange chess pie recipe. This delightful dessert combines the rich flavors of blood oranges with a classic chess pie filling. Follow our step-by-step guide below to create a mouthwatering masterpiece!
- 1 fully baked pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh blood orange juice
- Zest of 2 blood oranges
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Add in the melted butter, blood orange juice, blood orange zest, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked pie crust, spreading it evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the pie is set and the crust turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
Tips and Variations
Here are some tips to make your blood orange chess pie even more delectable:
- For a richer flavor, you can use dark brown sugar instead of granulated sugar.
- Garnish the pie with sliced blood oranges or whipped cream for an extra special touch.
- If blood oranges are not available, you can substitute with regular oranges or other citrus fruits.
- Experiment with adding a hint of cinnamon or nutmeg to enhance the flavor profile.
- For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free pie crust and replace the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend.
Congratulations! You have successfully mastered the art of creating a heavenly blood orange chess pie. This dessert is perfect for any occasion and is sure to impress your family and friends. Don't forget to enjoy every bite! For more amazing recipes and exciting updates, stay tuned to The Poker Club at West Houston's blog.
Please note that gambling can be addictive and should be enjoyed responsibly. The Poker Club at West Houston promotes responsible gambling practices. Remember to always play within your limits and seek help if needed.