Are you dreaming of those enviable, effortlessly tousled and textured beach waves? Look no further! The Poker Club at West Houston is here to guide you on how to create your very own DIY surf spray, allowing you to achieve that perfect beachy look even if you can't make it to the coast.
Why Surf Spray?
Surf spray is a popular hair product that helps recreate the natural, effortless waves achieved after a day spent at the beach. It adds texture, volume, and a hint of salt to your locks, giving you that quintessential beach babe look. By making your own surf spray, you can customize it to suit your hair type and preferences, all while saving money compared to store-bought options.
Ingredients and Supplies
Before diving into the surf spray recipe, you'll need to gather a few key ingredients and supplies:
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt or Epsom salt
- 1 tablespoon of hair gel or aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or argan oil
- A small spray bottle
- A funnel
- A teaspoon measuring spoon
Now that you have everything you need, it's time to whip up your very own surf spray:
- Start by filling the spray bottle with 1 cup of warm water. The warm water will help dissolve the salt and mix the ingredients more easily.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sea salt or Epsom salt to the bottle. This ingredient provides the texture and that desirable "beachy" feel to your hair.
- Next, mix in 1 tablespoon of hair gel or aloe vera gel. This will help hold the waves in place and give your hair some additional volume.
- Lastly, add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or argan oil to the mix. This oil will condition your hair, preventing it from drying out due to the salt content.
- Insert the funnel into the spray bottle and shake well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Using Your DIY Surf Spray
With your homemade surf spray ready, it's time to put it to use:
- Mist the surf spray evenly onto damp or dry hair.
- Scrunch and tousle your hair with your hands, focusing on the mid-lengths and ends, to create those natural, beachy waves.
- If desired, use a diffuser attachment on your hairdryer to enhance the waves and speed up the drying process.
- For added hold, you can lightly spritz some additional surf spray onto your hair once it has dried.
- Enjoy your gorgeous, effortless waves that will make you feel like you just stepped off the sandy shores!
Printable Surf Spray Label
To add a touch of personalization to your DIY surf spray bottle, we have created a free printable surf spray label for you to download. Simply print it, cut it out, and attach it to your bottle for a professional and stylish finishing touch.
Click here to download the printable surf spray label.
Get Your Beachy Waves On!
Now that you have all the information you need to create your own DIY surf spray and add some extra ocean-inspired flair to your hairstyle, it's time to get started! Experiment with different ratios of ingredients to find the perfect formula for your hair type, and don't forget to have fun along the way.
Remember, with your homemade surf spray and a little bit of creativity, you can achieve those gorgeous, effortless beach waves anytime, no matter where you are. So grab your ingredients, mix up a batch, and unleash your inner beach babe!