Welcome to The Poker Club at West Houston's blog, where we bring you the best recipes to complement your gambling experience. In this article, we present to you our delicious Cast Iron Skillet Raspberry & Peach Crisp Recipe. This delightful dessert is perfect for any occasion and will surely leave your taste buds wanting more. Let's dive into the details!
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the raspberries and peaches.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the cold cubed butter to the dry mixture. Using your fingertips or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the fruit in the cast iron skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
Tips and Variations
To make your Cast Iron Skillet Raspberry & Peach Crisp even more delightful, here are some tips and variations you can try:
1. Add a Crunchy Twist
If you prefer a crunchier topping, consider adding a handful of chopped nuts, such as almonds or pecans, to the crumb mixture.
2. Experiment with Other Fruits
While raspberries and peaches are a fantastic combination, feel free to experiment with other fruits as well. Blueberries, strawberries, or even a mixture of various berries can make for a delicious twist.
3. Serve with a Twist of Citrus
To add a burst of freshness, serve your crisp with a drizzle of lemon or lime juice, or even a sprinkle of citrus zest. This can elevate the flavors and provide a delightful contrast to the sweetness of the fruit.
4. Make Individual Servings
If you're hosting a gathering or simply prefer individual servings, you can use smaller cast iron skillets or oven-safe ramekins. Adjust the baking time accordingly for smaller portions.
Now that you have our fantastic Cast Iron Skillet Raspberry & Peach Crisp Recipe, you're ready to impress your guests with this delectable dessert. The combination of the juicy raspberries, perfectly ripe peaches, and the crunchy, buttery crumble will have everyone asking for seconds. Don't forget to serve it with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream for that extra touch of indulgence. Enjoy this delightful dessert as you immerse yourself in the thrilling world of poker at The Poker Club at West Houston. Happy baking and good luck at the tables!